Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sticks and Stones

I knew it was coming...the dreaded kidney stone. I could feel it Sunday and a little on Monday. By the time I reached Baton Rouge Monday evening, I knew I was in trouble. I writhed and sweated all night. Nothing would ease the pain. By 6am Tuesday morning, I wanted to be HOME.

BIG MISTAKE! What should have taken 2.5 hours to drive home, took almost four hours! I stopped 12 times on the side of the road and was sick. It was horrible. We went straight to the emergency room for IV fluids, pain meds, and an CT scan. I have multiple stones in each kidney, and one in my right is trying to find its way to freedom.

Ahhh, but freedom comes at a price. OUCH. So, I've been lying on the heating pad, watching tv and surfing the web. Hopefully it will be over soon.

In the meantime, anyone have any good websites to share? I've reached the end of the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment