Friday, May 15, 2009

Out of (automatic) Focus


I'm working on my photogaphy skills. My challenge this week is flowers (thanks twopeasinabucket.com). The idea is to get as close as you can to the flower and lower the aperature as low as possible and still have the flower in focus. It allows the background to be blurred. I think it looks amazing compared to automatic focus.

These are the shots I got today. Im going to keep working on this throughout the week and will post my best.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I love the shot of the purple flower. Good for you for taking the challenge. I'm scared to step outside of complete auto most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last flower. The colors are amazing.

    All of the photos are great. I'm still too scared to go manual. What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flowers! I'm also afraid to step out of automatic. I wish I had a digital SLR so I could see my mistakes right away, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comments! I have a Canon 50D. I took these with just the kit lens, but I also have the 70-300mm lens that I use for wildlife photography.

    ReplyDelete